Built five years before the battle of Culloden this beautiful cottage has recently been fully renovated and refurbished to a high standard whilst retaining many of the original features and character.
Main features of this property are:
- Large living room with woodburning stove and leather sofas, large flat screen TV, Wi-fi and i-pod docking station
- Large kitchen with dual fuel range cooker, washing machine, tumble drier, dishwasher and microwave.
- Dining area in kitchen and cosy corner overlooking garden
- Three bedrooms - two main bedrooms can be made up as either doubles or twins, third bedroom has double bed. Z bed also available
- Pine floored bathroom with bath, shower and heated towel rail.
- Large rear garden with seating area, BBQ, private access and bike storage.
Included in the price of this property is gas central heating, logs for wood burning stove, luxurious bed linen and towels
Ancrum village has a friendly pub, The Cross Keys, offering locally brewed real ale, great meals and traditional music in the public bar; an excellent small shop with post office both within an easy stroll from the cottage. Locally there is excellent fishing, golfing and walking, the beaches and castles of Northumberland are within easy driving distance and Edinburgh is within one hour's drive to the north and Hadrian's Wall to the south.
Whether you are looking for a cosy relaxing weekend, a family break or an activity based holiday Violet Cottage can offer you unique, high quality accommodation. Please review the photographs in the gallery.